Bad Behavior
No, not Tory. She's a little angel....The people next door moved out last month after foreclosure. There was a couple and their borders. Last Saturday, apparently after going out and getting drunk (twice!) the (previous) owner (now owned by the bank) decided that if he couldn't have the house, neither could anyone else, and proceeded to ram his car repeatedly into the corner of the house, causing extensive damage. I was standing here at my computer about to add a blog entry when I heard the crash. I went to the window and looked out and though, wow, that's not something you see everyday...Then my adrenaline kicked in and I started shaking, and ran to the phone to call 911. I was immediately put on hold! During this time, the guy backs up into the street, revs up his engine, slams on the gas and proceeds to run his car THROUGH the garage door, THROUGH the back of the garage, and into the back yard! By this time I am in tears and the operator comes on and I'm trying to tell her what is happening...She actually said to me, you need to stop talking so I can write this down....Very helpful....:( Anyway, the guy parks the car in the driveway (as opposed to driving on the parkway, thank you Steven Wright) and gets out and I wasn't sure what he was going to do, maybe go in the house, ransack, get into it with the police when they arrived. I call my mother hysterical thinking there is going to be a standoff and shootout! Luckily, all he did was sit on the lawn and smoke a cigarette and when the police came, he stood up and put his hands behind his back for the cuffs...The next morning, the car was gone, but I saw a can of gasoline in the driveway and a lighter about 20 feet away...I don't know if the police put it there to get it out of the garage, or if the guy was thinking of burning the house down! The neighbors of course all gathered that night on the street when the guy was taken away and we all met each other and talked gossip about the other neighbors, it was fun! I did not have to tell the story to the cops, as the guy across the street told the same story I would have told. He had to go testify before the grand jury yesterday! I hope the guy just pleads guilty, he is guilty. Everyone saw him do it! I took pictures of the damage, as this is not something I want to forget! I also took pictures so people could see how close the garage is to my house, and why I was so scared! Apparently the guy's blood alcohol level was 3 times the legal limit. I don't know what the guy's alcohol capacity is, because I know some people can have a very high BAL and still seem sober, but for me, I would be on the floor unconscious! Anyway, pictures to follow and also pictures of Tory swimming. She has been twice now and she absolutely loves it! She's a natural!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home