Fresh Outlook
On Saturday I dropped Toryoff at Al's for the night and I slept in. Then I woke up and had breakfast and went back to bed until 11! It was a beautiful thing. I cried as I drove away to leave her, but as soon as my head hit the pillow that night, the tears were gone, as I knew my body, not her cries, would wake me up, when I was ready, not her.
I spent the day doing yardwork. Planning the garden for the coming spring. Pruning trees and bushes between rain drops. Digging in the soppy mud without gloves and coming in the house dirty. Having to mop up after my muddy foot prints in the front hall. Having to put my comfy jeans in the hamper as they are covered with my work-sweat and grass stains. Putting band-aids on blackberry scratches. Boy, it was a great weekend! There are many more to come. Start planning now, planning for the future makes it impossible to lament in the present (especially if you do it in a coffee house sipping your favorite vice while your kids entertain themselves, or, better yet, aren't there with you!).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home