ToryBorialis

In which Tory, born in July, 2005, sprouts from a tiny seed into a beautiful flower in time that seems to fly by in the wink of an eye...and in which her mother tries to wax poetic about all of her changes!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Goodbye old friend...



Heidi
June 1, 1989-November 21, 2007
Yesterday, Thanksgiving day, we laid our friend and companion to rest for the final time. Heidi lived with me for over 11 years. She came to me at 7 years along with her "sister" KBear, and she was a pure joy to all that knew her. She was 18 1/2, and up until about 2 months ago, she was still playful and active. Then, she lost her sight due to her hyperthyroid illness, which caused her to have high blood pressure. She had been medicated for her thyroid condition for over 2 years, becoming ill shortly after Tory was born. I am glad that I did everything I could to help her live a happy and good life at that time. Tory grew to adore Heidi, and would wake up each morning asking where she was, and wanting to go downstairs to see her. Tory and I will miss Heidi terribly. Tory continues to ask where she is, and seems to have a very limited understanding of the concept of her friend never coming back. I'm hoping I can answer her questions as honestly as possible, but also accept her sadness and know it is a part of life to have to help your children through grief.
Goodbye, old friend. We love you and will never forget you!
Debby, Tory, KBear, Rambo, and Kirby

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debby~
We are all so sorry to hear about Heidi...
I lost my 18 year old cat when Camille was 2 and it was so hard when she went to look for Mousie every morning, it just breaks your heart..

We are thinking of you...
~Jennifer

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I had the chance to spend some quality time with her during her final days. It is always very difficult when a pet dies, especially when Tory doesn't understand it. Let's hope you don't have to deal with this again for a long time.

Jon

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home